Great Hen Party Cocktails- Flavoured Mojitos
For this week’s edition of Thirsty Thursday we’ve decided to focus our great Hen party Cocktails on flavoured mojitos. We’ve taken a traditional mojito and flipped it on its head to create 4 cocktails that you’ll love as much as, or maybe even more than the original. We think these mojitos are particularly great for every occasion or just as a refreshing summer cocktail. To make the cocktails extra special try freezing some mint into the ice cubes!
Hen Party Cocktails Number 1- Raspberry Mojito (serves 2)
- 15 Raspberries
- 15 mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tsp. caster sugar
- 1 lime
- 60 ml white rum
- Lots of crushed ice
- 100ml of soda water
- In a jug combine the raspberries, mint, sugar and the juice of ½ a lime.
- Cut the other ½ of the lime into small pieces and add to the jug.
- Mash all the ingredients together and then divide this mixture into two tall glasses. Add a handful of crushed ice to each and then mix well.
- Pour 30ml of white rum over the ice and then top up with the soda water. Stir and serve.
Hen Party Cocktails Number 2- Passionfruit Mojito (serves 2)
- 2 passion fruit
- Handful of mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 60ml white rum
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- Crushed ice
- 50-100ml soda water
- Cut open the passionfruit and scoop out the pulp. Add this, alongside the mint, sugar and lime juice into a cocktail shaker and muddle until the sugar has dissolved and the passionfruit seeds have been crushed slightly.
- Add the rum and crushed ice and shake vigorously.
- Divide the mixture among the glasses and add more ice if needed.
- Top up with soda water and garnish with mint.
Hen Party Cocktails Number 3- Tequila Mojito (serves 1)
- 1 Lime
- granulated sugar
- 12 Mint Leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 30ml tequila
- 30ml soda water
- Crushed ice
- Add the sugar, mint and juice of ½ a lime into a tall glass. Muddle together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges and add this to the mix.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add the tequila and top up with soda water. Garnish with mint and a slice of Lime.
And of course we’ve even created a Virgin Mojito so you can enjoy the refreshing taste even if you are avoiding alcohol.
Hen Party Cocktails Number 3- Virgin Mojito (Serves 1)
- 8 sprigs of mint
- One lime, ½ cut into wedges, ½ juiced
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 100ml Lemonade or Ginger Ale
- 50ml Apple Juice
- Crushed ice
- Place the 4 of the mint leaves, half the lime and the sugar into a tall glass and muddle until the sugar has dissolved. Add a little of the apple juice as you mash.
- Add the Apple Juice, the lemonade/ginger ale, 4 sprigs of mint and the juice of half the lime.
- Stir well and garnish with a lime wedge.
For more cocktail ideas have a look at our Thirsty Thursday blog posts, or have a look at the selection of cocktail packages that we offer.